The Texas Osteopathic Medical Association purchased a dilapidated building to restore for their new headquarters. The masonry structure was covered with plaster and the roof of the rear section was falling in.
An etching and photograph discovered during historic research revealed turrets on three of the main building's corners. Replicas were constructed of lightweight materials to recreate the original aesthetic. During demolition, the architect discovered three walls and a fireplace from an 1870's era stone house that predated the main building. The old house became the main conference room with the old limestone walls and arches left intact.
Here's a video of the building in the early stages of restoration: