End of the Line for Harlem Church

January 18, 2017 by: Ben Heimsath

The structure on 125th Street dates from 1927, and back then it was a movie theater. Nearly 50 years later, the LaGree Baptist Church moved in. An established congregation, LaGree had been in other neighborhood locations over a number of years. The old theater was readily adapted with theater seats replacing pews and the stage area converted to a pulpit area. The adaptive reuse served the church ... Read More

Adaptive Re-use / New York City / Church Demolition