This home was an early Page Brothers project, dating from 1916, and has been celebrated as one of Austin's premier historic bungalows. The structure was rescued from certain demolition in the early 1980's and preservation work began with a new roof and new foundation. The restoration was completed in small phases over several decades. One significant project included the restoration of numerous wood brackets and the rebuilding of the trellis covering the driveway. The work culminated in the restoration of the original wainscot and interior wood finishes.
The owners also converted a post-war garage structure into a garden cottage. This conversion contributed to code changes that now allow secondary rental units in the city center.